What is Living Juice?
The concept of Living Juice was first introduced by Dr Norman Walker (1874-1983). Walker declared that the enzymes in fruit and vegetables die at temperatures which exceed 50 degrees Celsius, and so, any juice extractor which used a high speed blade, or centrifuge, created friction heat, leading to the destruction of enzymes.
Enzymes are involved in every process of the body. Enzymes are the intangible living elements that act as the catalyst for innumerable chemical reactions within the body, promoting efficient assimilation and enabling the metabolic processes that support high levels of energy and promote good health. The complete regulatory system in the body depends on enzymes and suffers from their depletion.
The most important benefit of living juice is that vital enzymes and nutrients remain intact within the juice and, so, can be utilized by the body within minutes.
A living juice is nutritionally far superior to other juices and will last for many hours in the refrigerator.
In 1930, Walker designed the “Norwalk” juicing machine. This is still sold today and sells for NZ$6,600.00.Until the early 1990s, the Norwalk remained the only machine that produced a living juice. The development of OSCAR now means that there is a quality living juice machine available for $649.00.
The advantages of the OSCAR over other juice extractors are:
- OSCAR will juice not only fruit and vegetables but wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa and herbs.
- OSCAR will chop and mince, make nut butters, noodles and desserts.
- OSCAR’s low speed stonemill-like technology keeps vital enzymes alive, producing a juice that is nutritionally superior.
- OSCAR is quiet to operate and easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.
- OSCAR comes with a full, five year warranty on motor, parts and labour.